Hellooooo Monday. It’s not a great Monday when your office still doesn’t have AC, but we are PUSHING THROUGH! Being that hot all day isn’t great for my latest ice cream cone addiction, but dammit I am trying. Basically, I am so over summer. If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that I’m a sweater weather kind of girl.
So, here’s the news from my (very hot) week:
- Can I mention that I used to not be able to eat ice cream without getting sick?? I think that’s why I’m eating way too much now — I feel ok when I do! I’m crossing my fingers that I’ve grown out of my weird, semi-lactose intolerance.
- We had our last wedding at the Mill until September!! While we have all kinds of tours between now and then, Robert and I are happy to have a little summer break! We hardly know what to do with a Saturday off. What is a “weekend?”
- Friday marked month number 2 with Rory! I can barely remember my life without him. He’s definitely changed my routine, and it’s not always easy. But he’s my little best friend. And he turns 4 months old this Sunday!
- Rory is losing teeth, so he gets his frozen Kong a few times a day. This is why he runs when he hears the freezer open.
- Ok, last dog-related thing. I finally ordered from Chewy, and I got so many great deals!! Definitely check that out if you have a fur baby! I got a 1 pound of his favorite training treats for the same price I paid for a bag half that size at Petsmart.
- I am officially caught up on Grey’s Anatomy. Honestly, I thought there was no way I could like the show without Derek, but . . . it’s so good. I laughed, I SOBBED. Shonda Rhimes is a genius. I don’t know if there’s a modern writer I admire more — she’s masterful. To keep a show that good for 14 seasons with so many cast changes is really something.
Of course, no Weekender would be complete without some Rory pictures. 😉 This is us living our best life. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.
This is my Rory bag that Kathryn & Elizabeth found at TJ Maxx! We all agree it looks like him. Also, I am officially the person who needs all the Australian Shepherd things. Christmas is going to be so easy.
And finally, a somewhat embarrassing photo that is also TOO GOOD not to share. It truly encapsulates who I am as a person. Pizza in one hand, champagne in the other, encouraging someone to live their best life and sing their heart out to what I’m assuming was an 80s rock song. In a jumpsuit, obviously. Also, at a wedding. Because weddings are my life.