Sometimes I wonder if I should start calling these blogs “Mill Renovation Updates.” Guys, the Mill expansion is coming along, and I’m so excited. It looks different every time I walk in. Today we’re taking out walls to make the entrance brighter AND to make a big, big bridal suite. SO exciting! We’re going to have the biggest bridal suite in town, and I’m prettyyyyy excited to decorate it. As a photographer, the bridal suite is so important, so I’m excited to design it in a way that makes sense for everything from hair & makeup to dress pictures!
There’s still a lot to do, but it’s so cool to see how things are progressing! If you want to keep up and see more updates, follow @MadisonattheMill on Insta. You’ll get to see my beautiful, makeup-free face there sometimes. hahaha
So, now that I have those updates out of the way, here are some other life updates!
- I finished season 5 of New Girl on Saturday and cried some more. There were some dud episodes, but I can honestly say that I laugh out loud more during this show than any other. SO UNDERRATED.
- Remember how much I love love LOVED The Glass Castle? Well, we got the movie from Redbox, and it was just ok. I mean, I know movies always leave out parts of the book, but they left out SO MUCH that I felt was really crucial to the story. They did do a great job of showing the relationship between Jeanette and her dad, and I’m glad they included photos and footage of the real life family.
- So I know everyone is really against this Snapchat update, and I have to say . . . as someone who only uses this app when someone sends me a Snap directly, the update is terrible. I have no idea what’s going on. I am officially the cranky old lady who hates new technology.
- Since we’re close, I’m going to be really honest with you guys: Valentine’s Day freaks me out. I feel the same way about it as I do about New Year’s Eve — too much pressure! But this year, I plan to embrace the cheesiness of it all. I want to go full cheese. I’m leaning into the cheese.
- Robert has been my Valentine for 5 years now, but I’ve been the girl with no Valentine plenty of times. My advice? Take a break from social media on Wednesday. Plan a girl’s night with your single comrades. Make fun of Valentine’s-themed movies and commercials. Schedule your own treat yo’self day. After all . . . it’s the best day of the year!
FINE LEATHER GOODS.