Hellurrrrr friends. Here we are in the final days before my favorite month! Confession: I started decorating before Thanksgiving. I couldn’t help it!! I have a blue Christmas tree, and it needed to go up. It’s a little tabletop tree, and it never fails to make me smile. There isn’t a more “Shalese” tree in all the land, I assure you! So yes, now that Thanksgiving is over, almost all of my Christmas decorations are up. My Yankee “Christmas is in the Air” candle is burning, there’s a new wreath on my door, and I’m printing the schedule for all the good Christmas movies. 🙂 ‘Tis the best time of the year!
This week, I’ll be working as quickly as I can to finish up all of my work before the Holly Ball on Saturday! I have one more album design to complete with Jen & Jake, a family session to edit, and one last engagement session to blog and deliver! That’s right, Samantha & Reilly’s session this past Saturday was my last for 2017! Of course, I said that about 3 sessions ago, but hey, I’ll take a great 2018 – 2019 couple whenever they want me! Before we get to the sneak peek of those two, I have some rants and raves for you, as usual. 😉
- One of the best parts of December is that Terry’s chocolate oranges are back in stores. This fact does not make dieting around the holidays easier, but you know . . . life is to short to miss out on orange flavored chocolate.
- The above is welcome to be engraved on my tombstone.
- Wisdom teeth update: I am eating like a normal person again! I would love to eat a cheeseburger at some point. Two weeks ago, I couldn’t imagine biting into a cheeseburger ever again!
- Has anyone else noticed how expensive live Christmas trees have gotten? Apparently there is a shortage of live Christmas trees. We went to a nursery in Fredericksburg yesterday and found the good trees starting at $60! Y’all know that good trees are Fraser firs with sturdy branches, no those soft needles that will drop all of your ornaments. We went to Home Depot and got a fabulous Fraser fir for $26. Not a romantic experience, but you know what, it was fun.
- Since it’s the end of the month, my book reviews from November will be up on Friday! I’ll give you a preview: I just finished Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, and it was a 5/5!! There is no character quite like Eleanor Oliphant out there — you’re going to fall in love with her. I didn’t want this one to end!
- I just started on Krysten Ritter’s book, Bonfire. It’s pretty interesting so far! 100% honesty, I chose it from my Book of the Month picks because Krysten Ritter was in Gilmore Girls for a few episodes. NO SHAME.
- Speaking of the Book of the Month Club, if you want a perfect gift idea for a reader in your life (or you want to *hint hint* about gifts for you!), you can sign up for BOTM Club HERE!
- Oh! One more amazing thing about December — season two of The Crown coming back to Netflix! If you haven’t watched this yet, you should!!
Now, a sneak peek and it’s back to the editing room for me! Also . . . trying to snatch up some Cyber Monday deals. 😉