I’m back!! Well, I’m back halfway. I feel like I’m working at half capacity after getting my wisdom teeth out last Monday. That’s right, I did it! I had all four of them taken out, then spent the next 3 days on my couch. If we’re being completely honest, I have felt utterly worthless this past week! I felt like I couldn’t focus on anything!! Today, however, is the first day I have woken up NOT in pain. YAY!!!
I do think I’ve had an easier time than most people I’ve talked to. But I still felt SLOW, so I’m getting back to answering emails and editing today!
Now that I’m back to business, I’ll be blogging TWO engagement sessions this week. I met Paul & Rachel in D.C. last Sunday, then I got to meet Chelsea & Nick in Richmond on Saturday! I can’t wait to share these couples with you guys. It’s going to be a busy week before Thanksgiving! But first, the stories from my week on the couch.
- While recovering, I watched entirely too much Scandal. I had given up on it, but it actually got good again! Now I need to catch up on the final season!
- My mom and Robert took really great care of me while I was couch-ridden. Mom drove me, sat with me all day, picked up my prescriptions, and coached me through all the post-op care stuff. Robert brought ice, made multiple trips to the store for jello and mac and cheese, and watched Stranger Things 2 with me after work. He told me I was beautiful even when my face looked like a Snapchat filter. 🙂
- Part of me was afraid to go out until my swelling was way down because we live in a small town. There is a 99% chance I will leave the house and see 3 people that I know. When I got stir crazy enough to take a walk one day, I bundled up in a scarf and a hat like I was Taylor Swift hiding from paparazzi.
- Speaking of T. Swift, I am into her new album. I’m not what I would call OBSESSED, but I do like it. I love some songs like End Game and New Year’s Day, but I’m a little lukewarm on most of it. Basically, I am here for the sassy evolution of Taylor Swift.
- I’m really thinking about decorating for Christmas early. I’m usually a wait-until-December-1 kind of girl, but I have a blue Christmas tree, and this is my first all-mine apartment. I’m EXCITED.
- Liz did major Christmas decorating when we all lived in Richmond together, so I hope I can do as well as she does. I came home from barre one night and BAM. Our apartment was all decorated with a big tree and lights and stuff on the mantle. It felt so cozy. 🙂 MISS YOU, LIZ!!
Now, for some sneak peeks before our blog days that are coming!! I’m off to my follow up appointment with the oral surgeon, so wish me luck! I miss straws, you guys. I really do.