Welcome to a late night Weekender! The blog had TWO amazing weddings on it last week, so I was editing double time to make that happen!! It really makes me happy to be able to show off my clients’ weddings so soon after their big days. I have the patience of . . . something has very little patience, so I know how it would feel to get to see your wedding photos just two or three days after it happens!
As am I laying here on the couch in my slightly messy but we’re making progress AND getting decorated for Fall apartment, I’m realizing we have a LOT to talk about. So let’s do this!
- The first big news is that MY SISTER IS ENGAGED!! She FaceTimed me while Robert, Martin, and I were in DC for the night last Sunday with this gorgeous ring and a BIG smile. 🙂 Jesse is going to be such a wonderful dad to Colton, and it makes me happy to see my sister and nephew so excited. EEEK!
- Sooooo that also means I’ll be pulling double-duty as sister of the bride AND photographer! How fun is that?! I shipped her official “Shalese Danielle Photography Welcome Box” earlier today. Yes, I realize I could have given it to her in person, but we LOVE getting mail.
- I also shipped one to my new Shalese Danielle couple in Brooklyn, NY, Chelsea & Nick! They’re getting married at Lewis Ginter in RVA next year!
- OH, and yes, our British friend is safely back home in Manchester after we walked him to death all over DC! It was actually really peaceful on Sunday & Monday — I’ve never seen DC so empty! Also, I could live my whole in the Library of Congress. It’s beautiful.
- I mentioned decorating for Fall, so here’s my big confession: I bought Christmas decorations yesterday. THAT’S RIGHT, Christmas decorations in September! We went to the new At Home store in Fredericksburg and WOW. Let me tell you guys . . . that is a dangerous place for your wallet. I only bought two packs of ornaments because #SelfControl. But . . . I did buy something else yesterday that I cannot to show you guys come December 1st. 😉
- Yes, I will be decorating on December 1st because it is officially CHRISTMAS TIME that day, and I can’t wait to decorate my first solo apartment!!
- Before my two weddings last week, I made my own styling boards. It is LIFE CHANGING for shooting details! I have two so far, one that’s pretty white and a creamier one. They were so easy to make. Now I just have to see how they hold up for my last three weddings of the year!
- I only have three more weddings this year?!?!
- If you saw my Instastory today, you know that I got a new washer & dryer today! I wish I could tell 17 year old Shalese that she would one day be thrilled about home appliances and happily scour the house for laundry to do.
- Actually, I’ve always had an old soul, so decade ago Shalese would probably be like, “YES girl, launder those towels!”
Ok, that’s probably enough of my life updates for you! Plus, I have freshly washed sheets to put on my bed. HAHAHA Stay tuned to the blog tomorrow because there is a SPECIAL kind of book review happening for a book I want everyone everywhere to read. 😉