Hellloooooo friends. I always feel bad when I see traffic to my blog on Monday and I haven’t posted a Weekender! A lot of people have told me that these posts are their favorites, so I am totally sorry for making you wait for a Tuesday Edition, but I promise it’s worth it! I have some big news to cover in today’s post. 😉
But anyway! After getting back from a mini beach vay-cay with my family Sunday afternoon, I got to see Robert for the first time in THREE WEEKS. So, needless to say, I was not blogging yesterday! I was way too busy making eyes at my boyfriend and getting to walk around Richmond with him. Then we watched Carrie on Hulu, which probably seems like an odd, random choice, but I’ll get to that!
So, here we go with the big news and stories from the week!
- You may be wondering how I was able to take MORE time away from my full time job for a mini beach vacation after just getting back from London AND the Wedding Stationery Collective Retreat in Raleigh. Well folks, as of May 1st, I am not full-time anymore. I made the decision to go part time with Richmond Weddings after 4+ years.
- Yes, it was a tough decision! Financially, I was ready. Mentally, I was exhausted. I knew it was time for a change, and if I didn’t make a change, my business would suffer. For a while now, I have felt the burn out coming. Shooting 16 weddings in 2016 while also working full-time, maintaining a long-distance relationship, keeping up a social life, and taking care of myself took a big toll on my heart. I could feel myself starting to wilt. I wasn’t giving anything my best because I was pulled in far too many directions.
- So, on May 1st, I mustered all the courage and talked to my bosses about going part-time. They were so understanding. It was, I have to say, a huge relief. They even let me start the part time status right away, which was awesome. I was really sad about missing my family at the beach. Y’all know I don’t get to see my Ohio family much, and with my cousin in the military, it feels extra important that we spend time together.
- So Wednesday after work, I threw some bags in my car and headed to Nags Head! My cousin didn’t know I was coming, so that was a fun surprise. 🙂
- Now, what does this mean for Shalese Danielle Photography? It means I get to REST and spend a extra time focusing on my clients and my business and how it can GROW. I’ll actually have time to THINK about how I can IMPROVE and get more creative. I can’t even tell you guys how good it already feels, two weeks in, to have more margin to BREATE.
- Of course, there are more fun things and surprises and changes ahead, but for now, I’m just beyond excited for what lies ahead.
- Oh, and if you’ve been reading all this and still interested, we watched Carrie because I’ve been reading Stephen King’s On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, and it made me curious about this movie. I’ve watched The Shining on TV, but I’ve never seen any of King’s other movies or read ANY of the books. But I love the memoir, so I’m going to read some, I think.
- I didn’t love the movie though. Maybe the book is better? Stephen King says he didn’t like Carrie White, and neither did I.
If you’re STILL reading, bless you. You are the reason I write. I mean, I love writing, so I would probably keep blogging even if you didn’t, but it IS nice to know there are people out there listening. 🙂 So, if you’re still here, here are some photos from the beach!