Y’all. What a week it was last week. Last Sunday, Chloe and I headed down to Raleigh for the Wedding Stationery Collective’s 2017 Business Intensive. I LOVED getting to spend 4 days with my BFF, Chloe, and my photographer soulmate, Heather. Plus, I reunited with Caroline, Amanda, Kat, AND I got to meet even more wonderful people like Kathy, Kerrie, and 11 of the attendees. I can’t think of a better way to spend 4 days. 🙂 We witnessed so many “ah-ha” moments among these artists, and I’m blown away by the things I learned — about myself and about our crazy wedding industry. There’s nothing in the world like finding your tribe, absolutely nothing.
And speaking of my tribe . . . I have a pretty cool 27th birthday coming tomorrow. 😉 But until then, the stories!
- Chloe was working on assembling and shipping some invites from Raleigh on Sunday, so I got to help. MAD appreciation for the work that wedding stationers do, guys. There’s SO MUCH work involved!! We assembled, stuffed, sealed, stamped, and mailed over 200 invitations like CHAMPS!
- It also doesn’t hurt that Chloe is the most talented lady in the world. She creates MAGIC. 🙂
- After listening to Caroline’s talk and getting to have dinner with her on Monday, I could not feel luckier to call her my friend. 🙂 She FIRES PEOPLE UP and makes me feel like there’s nothing I can’t do. Everyone needs a Caroline in their lives.
- I also got to meet Emily, the Creative Director at Southern Weddings!! I was a little bit starstruck — I’ve only been reading that magazine since I was in college! 🙂 Plus, Southern Weddings was the magazine that made me think, “Maybe I could work for a wedding magazine . . . ” You know how that turned out!!
- For dinner one night in Raleigh, I had chicken and waffles that were . . . . I hate to say it . . . better than my favorite RVA chicken and waffles. Yes, I feel like such a traitor, but my God above they were amazing.
- I spent MOST of the week editing and making sure I’m all caught up before my birthday. I’ve been working to make sure that my birthday and Easter weekend are FREE and relaxing!
- Until Sunday, when I vowed that I would not do any editing because I was having a boozy early birthday brunch with my frands. 😉 Then we spent the day being lazy together, and it was wonderful.
So, here are some of my faves from the retreat!
A pretty accurate depiction of how Chloe and I spend our time together.
EDITED TO ADD: This is my BFF and the woman who will surely photograph my hypothetical wedding.